Quick Access :
They are herbaceous perennial plants growing to 1–4 m tall, with stout, hollow, somewhat succulent stems. The leaves are tripinnate or even more finely divided, with a stout basal sheath clasping the stem. The flowers are usually yellow, rarely white, produced in large umbels. This plant is widely used in most countries of the world, especially India.
Ferula gum has antimicrobial, antioxidant and hypoglycemic properties .As a spice, asafetida is known for its strong, pungent odor, which is due to its high concentration of sulfur compounds. In fact, due to its unpleasant smell, this seasoning is sometimes referred to as stinking gum.
- Being a good source of antioxidant
- Being good for digestion
- Helping to reduce symptoms of IBS
- Having Antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial effects
- helping to balance blood pressure
- Having an effects on anticancer
- Protecting brain health
- Helping to ease asthma symptoms
- Using as falvor agent and forms
- Being useful in the treatment of respiratory disorders
- Being used in traditional medicine for a wide range of ailments