Quick Access :
The aroma and flavor of cinnamon derive from its essential oil and principal component, cinnamaldehyde. Cinnamon is the name for several species of trees All are members of the genus Cinnamomum in the family Lauraceae. Cinnamomum verum is often would be considered as “true cinnamon”, but most cinnamon in international market is derived from the related species of Cinnamomum cassia. The essence of cinnamon is due to an aromatic essential oil that makes up 0.5 to 1% of its composition. This essential oil could be prepared by roughly pounding the bark, macerating it in sea water, and then quickly distilling the whole. It is of a golden-yellow color, with the characteristic odor of cinnamon and a very hot aromatic taste.
Cinnamon may be a favorites household spice, and has been used round the world for centuries. This spice encompasses a pleasant flavor and warm smell that has made it popular in cooking, particularly in baking and curries.
- Being high in a Substance with Powerful Meditative Properties
- Loaded with Antioxidants
- To have Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Reducing Risk of Heart Disease
- Improving Sensitivity to the Hormone Insulin
- Balancing Blood Sugar Levels
- To have a Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect
- To be used in Chinese herbal medicine
- Displaying antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Containing large amounts of polyphenol antioxidants
- To help protecting body from disease
- Having prebiotic properties to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria
- Helping to suppress the growth of pathogenic bacteria
- Helping to improve gut health
- Treating flatulence and digestive imbalance
- Increasing blood flow
- Improving blood oxygen levels
How to Harvest
The trees can be harvested around ten years after they’re planted, and plenty of them left to mature more longer. During harvest, the branches are cleaved off and whole trees are chopped down. The outer bark is peeled off uncovering an internal bark, the cinnamon, which twists into a quill as it dries. Growing cassia would be a deep-rooted investment, since new trees could be regenerated from the root stump for a couple of ages. What’s more, the farmers can harvest the trees during anytime of the year, since they’re cultivating bark and not a fruit.
Foremost part, trees are harvested two times every year after a substantial rain. Freshly-harvested cinnamon is regularly dried on traps in yards or roads, which can be contaminated by animals and vehicles. But the co-op teaches people how to keep it cleaner. By affirming cleanliness, the co-op helps to fetch a higher price for the cinnamon.
We can provide cinnamon in each quantity that our clients want, there is no limitation regarding weight, destination and packaging type.